Meet Dr. Ellsworth
Dr. Warren Ellsworth IV is a board-certified plastic surgeon who is committed to the outstanding and ethical care of every patient at Ellsworth Plastic Surgery in Houston, TX. A native Houstonian, Dr. Ellsworth has a unique and fitting background for his career in plastic surgery. While he always called Houston home, he grew up and attended school in many of the world’s major cities, including Paris, London, and Berlin.
World-class training combined with his personal and compassionate approach affords Dr. Ellsworth with the key elements to success in plastic surgery. He is currently a diplomat of the American Board of Plastic Surgery and a fellow of the American College of Surgeons and in 2019, Dr. Ellsworth was elected to the Board of Directors for The American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Dr. Ellsworth is known for taking the extra time to educate patients about their surgical and nonsurgical options. Time after time, the men and women who visit Ellsworth Plastic Surgery comment on the unmatched dedication of his team.
Education and Training
After graduating with the highest honors from Lamar High School in Houston, TX, Dr. Ellsworth attended the University of Virginia where he was named an Echols Scholar (one of 30 students chosen for this prestigious award). He received his undergraduate degree with distinction from the University of Virginia and was one of few students chosen to complete advanced studies at the world-famous University of Oxford in England. Dr. Ellsworth then returned to Houston where he finished his medical degree at Baylor College of Medicine. He completed a general surgery internship at Michael E. DeBakey Department of Surgery and Integrated Plastic Surgery Residency at Baylor College of Medicine, one of the top programs in plastic surgery in the United States.
Specialties and Expertise
Dr. Ellsworth trained in the world-renowned Texas Medical Center, including prestigious institutions, such as MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston Methodist Hospital, St. Luke’s, and Texas Children’s Hospital. Through these diverse programs, Dr. Ellsworth gained extensive experience in the newest techniques in breast reconstruction, microsurgery, and cosmetic surgery. After an extensive written and oral examination process, Dr. Ellsworth scored as one of the top in the nation to become board-certified in plastic surgery and a diplomat of the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
Although Dr. Ellsworth enjoys the full spectrum of plastic surgery, he has extensive education in microsurgical breast reconstruction, such as the DIEP flap, as well as body contouring after significant weight loss and cosmetic surgery. Dr. Ellsworth is currently on staff with the Institute of Reconstructive Surgery and Department of Surgery at Houston Methodist Hospital West and also serves as the assistant clinical professor of plastic surgery at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, TX.
Dr. Ellsworth is a member of the following prestigious associations:
- Member American Society of Plastic Surgeons 2007 – present
- Board Committee Member Young Plastic Surgeons Steering Committee ASPS 2010 – present
- Co-Chair Division of Advocacy – YPS Steering Committee 2013 – present
- Board Committee Member Patient Safety Committee of ASPS 2014 – present
- Board Committee Member Health Policy Committee of ASPS 2014 – present
- Board Committee Member Leadership Development Committee of ASPS 2015 – present
- Elected Member Board of Governors, PlastyPAC – Advocacy for ASPS 2015 – present
- Member American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery 2015 – present
- AMA Delegate ASAPS Delegate to AMA YPS Section 2013 – 2014
- AMA Alternate Delegate ASAPS Delegate to American Medical Association 2014 – present
- Member American Medical Association 2012 – present
- Fellow American College of Surgeons 2013 – present
- Member Houston Society of Plastic Surgeons 2006 – present
- Member American Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery 2011 – present
- Member World Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery 2012 – present
- Member Texas Society of Plastic Surgeons 2014 – present
- Member Texas Medical Association 2004 – present
- Member Harris County Medical Society 2004 – present
- Member American Hernia Society 2012 – present
Honors and Awards
Dr. Ellsworth is an honorary recipient of the following honors and awards:
- Selected to participate in ASPS Essentials of Leadership 2015 – 2016
- One of 25 surgeons from across the country selected to participate in this multi-meeting ASPS leadership summit.
- First Place Clinical Paper Award Texas Society of Plastic Surgeons 2015
- Houstonia Magazine
- Top Doctors in Houston 2015
- Super Doctors Rising Stars 2015
- Super Doctors Rising Stars 2014
- Super Doctors Rising Stars 2013
- Super Doctors Rising Stars 2012
- Baylor College of Medicine – Plastic Surgery Residency
- Baron Hardy Award for Outstanding Academic Performance 6/2009
- Highest In-service Score in Baylor Program 2009 – National Percentile 95% 2009
- Cronin Award First Place Clinical Paper – Texas Society of Plastic Surgeons 11/2008
- Baylor College of Medicine – Medical School
- Nominated for Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- Elected Chair of the Admissions Committee, Baylor College of Medicine 2002 – 2003
- Awarded a Baylor Alumni Scholarship 2001 – 2004
- Honors Recognition in all clinical rotations
- Named Outstanding Plastic Surgery Student of the graduating class of 2004. 2004
- The University of Virginia
- B.A. with Distinction
- Dean’s List all semesters
- Echols Scholar. Selected based on academic excellence and outstanding achievements to take part in this four-year program, which allows students to design their own major Dean’s List. All semesters.
- Winner of the Jesse H. Jones Scholarship. Chosen as one of three recipients of this citywide search for students with outstanding achievement in the classroom and in extracurricular activities.
- Named Reader’s Digest Foundation Scholar. Selected based on outstanding academic achievement while an undergraduate student.
- Intermediate Honors Recipient. Awarded to students maintaining a GPA above 3.40 at the end of the second year at the University of Virginia.
"Dr. Ellsworth performed a Flap surgical procedure on me. I had a stage 4 isheal pressure ulcer that required removal of tissue to the bone. I then had to lay on my side for 5 weeks in an LTAC facility.Dr. Ellsworth and his staff took very good care of me pre and post-op, which was over 1 year. He has an exceptional bedside manner. He and his entire staff are very professional. He takes time with his patients.In addition, Dr. Ellsworth did a procedure on our 22 year old son to remove excess skin from his tummy after he lost 65 lbs."
"Dr Ellsworth was awesome and so was his PA. They were kind, answered all of my questions and concerns and really took the time to get know me and what I wanted to accomplish with the surgery. I highly recommend them. Also, the office staff was always friendly and professional."
"Ally is very personable, knows her stuff, and she is very gentle!! I will definitely be back!"
"If you’re looking for a plastic surgeon who is attentive, professional and has genuine bedside manner, look no further. You will be in good hands. My mommy makeover was easy and my recovery was a breeze! Dr. Ellsworth and his team of amazing PAs, nurses and front office staff were amazing. I am pleased and thrilled with my results!!"
"Recomiendo 100% al Dr. Ellsworth y todo el staff Que trabaja en sus equipo en especial Carina y Cecilia. Este año tuve dos procedimientos tissue expander y DIEP Flap para reconstruir después de una mastectomia. Estoy satisfecha con los resultados, es increíble como pude volver a la normalidad. La recuperación y proceso del DIEP flap puede ser intimidante. Pero vale la pena, ya que los resultados son asombrosos. La naturalidad y la sensibilidad están volviendo. Agradezco mucho haberme encontrado a este equipo profesional, y me siento afortunada que me hayan recomendado este procedimiento. Gracias una vez más por su ayuda, y excelente trabajo profesional."
Why Choose Breast Resensation® After A Mastectomy?
From improved physical sensations to a feeling of wholeness, the potential benefits of Resensation after mastectomy can be life-changing.Read
What Type of Breast Implant is Best for Breast Reconstruction?
Dr. Warren Ellsworth provides patients with multiple breast reconstruction options after trauma, mastectomies, and lumpectomies.Read
When is the Best Time to Have Breast Reconstruction Surgery?
Breast cancer reconstruction creates a new breast mound after a mastectomy or lumpectomy. Learn how to plan your breast reconstruction at our clinic.Read
Which Breast Reconstruction Method is Best For You?
There are many ways to rebuild your breasts after a mastectomy. Learn about DIEP flap surgery and more during a breast reconstruction consultation.Read